Monday, July 21, 2008

The Uber-Talented Megan

My wife can do magic.

She makes old, crappy furniture look like new furniture. Her magic tricks involve fabric, paint, tools, hard-work and (mostly) vision. She has great vision.

For example, Megan bought 4 ugly chairs. When she brought them home, my first thought was, "oh crap, what is this junk?" Here is what I saw:

I saw old. I saw faded. I saw ugly.

But this is what Megan saw... and this is what she made:

BAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM! Wow! It is hard to believe that is the same chair.

It is a gift to see something pretty in something that everyone else sees as ugly. Megan can do that. She is talented. She has "mad skills".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She proved that she could see pretty in what everybody sees as ugly by hooking up with you. But I think you are prettier than that chair.

Jennifer said...

Wow, that chair is awesome! Go Megan!

Your Little Sister said...

Megan should join Jodi and I's handmade and vintage business on etsy.com - I see real potential!