Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I hope you are having a wonderful birthday. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you.

I really appreciate everything you have done for me. I could not possibly list everything you have done for me. I could not even list all the highlights from my life in which you were involved. But here is the list I came up with off the top of my head:

  • visited Megan, PugPuggy & I in Austin in 2008
  • celebrated my marriage to Megan with me in 2004
  • toured Ireland & England with me in 2002
  • supported my crazy decision to move to Japan in 2001
  • vacationed on the East Coast with me in 1998
  • celebrated with me when Arizona won the National Championship in basketball in 1997
  • moved me to Arizona in 1993
  • helped me graduate early from Bishop Ward in 1993
  • did not kill me when I got suspended from Bishop Ward in 1992 (sorry, again)
  • moved me from St. Pat's to St. Peter's in 1986
  • took me to my first concert (Ronnie Milsap) in 1983 (I think it was 1983)
  • moved me from DeSoto to Kansas City in 1982 (I think it was '82, right?)
  • took me to Iowa to see the Pope in 1979
  • carried me around for 9 months in 1974
This is less than .001% of what you have done for me. Above is a list of big events from my life. But the things I appreciate the most are the day-to-day things you did (and are doing) for me:
  • you fed me
  • you clothed me
  • you gave me a safe & loving home ...even after I should have moved out :)
  • you taught me how to treat strangers
  • you taught me how to treat family
  • you demonstrated the importance of education
  • you instilled values
  • you are patient with me
  • you love me
Again, that is only a partial list of things you have done\are doing for me. I appreciate everything you have done (and are doing) for me. Thank you.

I miss you. I love you. I am proud you are my mom.

Happy Birthday, mom. Go celebrate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. B. What I find funny is that you listed less than .001% of the things she has done for you. Yet you have managed to keep your BAC above that same percentage for 20 years straight. Congratulations to you!

xjfmbxhappybirthdayjane