Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Google Image Search: Word & Picture #108

Today's Word:
"The Buffet Bar"

Today's Picture:


Tucson, Arizona, is home to one of the finest dive bars in history: The Buffet. It is a cornucopia of people, smells and noise that can only be summarized by two words: "Holy shit."

During my undergrad days, I spent many a night at the Buffet with my buddy Darrell. I am sure my name is carved in something wooden there. I have eaten a hot dog there. I have drank way too many $2 Jumbos there. I have had forgettable experiences trying to go to the bathroom there. But most of all, I had fun there.

I sang karaoke with my friend, Meg Hartig, at a place called Beerland in Austin, TX. I had heard of Beerland, but never been there. I loved it. It was laid back... almost empty. The guy DJ'ing the karaoke was badass. He was funny, but not cheesy. He was a guy making obscure musical references and making-fun of the people singing, including me. I sang a song that Meg picked... I can't remember the name, but it rocked despite the fact I was singing it.

I am stoked for Halloween.

No comments: