Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Google Image Search: Word & Picture #123

Today's Word:
inauguration

Today's Picture:


Today is one of the most historically significant days of my life. It is weird to type that sentence. I think this is the first time I could type that sentence and it not be a "bad thing".

Normally, when I felt a feeling of historical significance, it had been associated with a terrible tragedy. For example, I remember feeling a moment of historical significance when the Challenger exploded (I was home-sick from school and just so happened to be watching TV when NBC interrupted their broadcast). I remember when 9/11 happened. I was at Kembi's bar in Hiroshima, Japan, drinking a beer with Eric Schullstrom.

But I do not remember the feeling I have today. I am proud to be a part of something so historically significant. Congratulations, Barack Obama. Make the next (hopefully) 8 years better than the last 8 years.

No comments: