Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Google Image Search: Word & Picture #149

Today's Word:
weekend of fun

Today's Picture:

This past weekend was a blast. I am still recovering.

Master Pancake did the last of "The Matrix" shows last Friday night. We were mocking-away at the 7:30 show at the Alamo Ritz when a shadowy figure approached from my right. I thought it was some guy who was late for the movie.

Turns out it was Joel Hodgson from Mystery Science Theater 3000. I tinkled my pants and giggled like a school girl.

He said something to me that I could not understand. I think the blood rushed to my head when I realized who it was... plus I was in the middle of doing jokes, so he definitely did not receive my full attention. I knew he was going to be in town for Cinematic Titanic, but I did not think he would come to our show.

Joe & John were too busy making jokes to realize it was Joel. They thought some co-worker of mine had swung by the show to say hello. After Joel left, I was like, "you know that was Joel from MST3K?" Joe & John freaked-out, too. John had to calm Joe & I... we kinda forgot that we were still doing a show.

Basically, I can sum-up my experience with Joel by saying, "I totally dorked-out". This is a guy who started the industry (movie mocking) that I enjoy so thoroughly. I wanted to give him a hug... but he has not even won a Name This Person and Win!

Reflecting on how I dorked-out and completely lost all ability to think it reminded me of the time I met George Brett (thanks, Nate). I dorked-out around the former Kansas City Royals third baseman when my friend Nate introduced me to the GM of the Kansas City Royals. I forget that these are normal people... just everyone knows them.

Saturday night, I went to the Cinematic Titanic show with Owen, Megan, Joe, Kristin, John Joanne, Hugo, Sarah and more. I laughed until I cried. Here is me in the lobby after the show (crying from laughing so hard).


I had not cried from laughing since Japan.

After the show, Owen & I went backstage and met the entire cast. They were nice to us. We got to meet David "Gruber" Allen. He played the counselor on Freaks & Geeks. He was also an extra in Britney Spear's Crossroads... yes, I have seen it. We got to meet Joel, Frank, Trace but not J. Elvis. It was a blast. They were really nice to us and gave us some kind words about our show.

After the show, Mary Jo came to the Stephen F. Austin and drank with John, Joanne, Megan, Joe, Kristin, Ron, Owen & gang. Here is a picture of Mary Jo & I:

I drank WAY too much. I was drinking wine, then switched to Texas Martinis... ugh. Thanks to Megan for taking me home, despite my condition.


In Summary: this weekend was a blast, I dorked-out, Megan is the DDDD (dork-out dude's designated driver).

No comments: