Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Google Image Search: Word & Picture #135

Today's Word:
"suspended from high school"

Today's Picture:


The guy in this picture is Nate Bukaty:

Nate is an old high school friend. He is also one of my heroes. He is the only person who I knew as a child who did exactly what he wanted to do in life. Nate always wanted to be a sportscaster. I can remember Nate going to the Bob Costas camp while we were all at baseball, football or soccer camps.

When Nate was saying he wanted to be a sportcaster, I think I was saying I wanted to be a professional BMX biker. How did I end up with a computer job?

Nate now is a sportscaster. He is on a morning talk radio program in Kansas City. He does play-by-play for the University of Kansas football and women's basketball teams. He has also worked with the Kansas City Royals.

Nate & I went to Guerro's for dinner last night. It was good to catch up with him. I had forgotten that both Nate & I had been suspended from high school. I was suspended for throwing water-balloons at our homecoming parade. Nate was suspended for throwing a thumb-tack in class. There are long-versions of both of those stories that can only be told over a beer.

It was really good having a beer with Nate last night. It made me miss KCK.

No comments: