Monday, September 29, 2008

Google Image Search: Word & Picture #98

Today's Word:
"ACL Fest"

Today's Picture:


Austin City Limits Festival started on Friday. ACL is a 3 day music festival in Austin each September. For those who were at my wedding, ACL Fest was the reason hotels were so hard to find. :)

Megan & I had 3 day passes to ACL Fest this year. Megan's brother Freddie and his friend Heather came in from the concerts. We saw Robert Earl Keen, Dan Foggerty, the Foo Fighters, Beck, Gnarls Barkley, Patty Griffin, Jakob Dylan, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Vampire Weekend and a bunch of other people. It was a good group of shows. We had a blast.

This year was a return-to-the-dust year. When it is dry in Austin during ACL Fest, the dust becomes a problem. This year was dusty. But it was not as bad as my first year at ACL Fest... I think that was 2003 or 2005... holy-dust-storm, it was horrible & hot. But the weather cooperated nicely. It was a cool 90 degrees with a nice breeze.

Freddie, Heather, Megan & I had a good time. Both Megan and I were recovering from colds, so I did not see as many shows or stay as long as I would have liked. But it was still a blast. It was a good party, but I am tired today.

I will get some sleep and post more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ajksgfjawkrjdhyaoiwhraiuygrlYDIY4IHRDIUDFawey74yp;6qhvjkbnsx.czbv lpxdfutyoixsa347lasivbhiukdflugaegdfsgsdfsdmj?