Monday, March 10, 2008

Frost Bank Building with Kat

Kat Candler rocks.

In addition to being a wildly talented film maker and an awesome teacher, Kat is also one of the coolest people you can ever know. The Austin Chronicle concurs.

Kat invited me to a South By Southwest party last night. The party was on the top floor of the Frost Bank Building.

For those not from Austin, the Frost Bank Building is a new addition to the Austin skyline. Depending on who you ask, the Frost Bank Building vaguely resembles either a nose-hair clipper...


... or an owl ...


You could see all of Austin from up the top of the Frost Bank Building. I told the host of the party, Jeffrey Travis, that I wanted to clean his office. In payment for cleaning his office, I would get to watch the flat screen TV in his waiting room. I would buy a Wii, hook it up & play with my friends... on the 33rd floor of the Frost Bank Building... on top of Austin. How cool would that be? But, I don't think he was interested.

This was a busy SXSW Film weekend for me. I saw:

  • 21 - starring Kevin Spacey (director Robert Luketic and lead Jim Sturgess in attendance)
  • Reel Shorts 1
  • Reel Shorts 2
  • Then She Found Me (director Helen Hunt in attendance)
  • Super High Me (lead Doug Benson in attendance)
  • The Promotion (lead Seann William Scott in attendance)
  • Crawford (director David Modigliani in attendance)

I am still excited to see the following:
  • Golaith
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • Battle in Seattle
  • Woodpecker
  • a bunch of others

If you have a film in SXSW, put it in the comments & I will try to come see it.

More later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

Actually, I am his mother. I pushed Sean William Scott out of my man-womb. It was sweet.