Monday, March 31, 2008

Painting My Fire Hydrant

I have decided to take some pride in my neighborhood. I love my 'hood. We are north of downtown. We are about 12 minutes from downtown when there is no traffic. We sit between Mopac and I-35, just north of 183. The houses in my neighborhood are less expensive than downtown, but there are some great people in our neighborhood. It is a very hard-working, diverse neighborhood. I love it. I love my neighbors.

Megan & I's house sits on a corner in Austin. On the corner of our street is a fire hydrant. The fire hydrant had not been painted in a long, long time. It had become this weird light-orange or pink color. The paint was flaking. It looked like a fire hydrant covered in Pepto Bismo... or maybe baby vomit. It was gross and sad.

Last weekend, I painted the fire hydrant. I sanded, used a primer and then painted it red.

Here is the "before" picture:


And here is the "after" picture:

You're welcome, fire hydrant.



All is well in my neighborhood.

In summary: fire hydrants are red, PugPuggy will not pee on the fire hydrant, I love my 'hood.

No comments: