Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SXSW - Forgetting Sarah Marshall

At the SXSW Film Festival, I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night.

It was awesome. I laughed so hard. They gave Hawaiian leis to everyone at the Paramount.

There are several funny people in this movie:

  • Jason Segel
  • Kristen Bell
  • Mila Kunis
  • Russell Brand
  • Bill Hader
  • Jonah Hill
  • Paul Rudd
Paul Rudd, Jonah Hill, Jason Segel, Bill Hader & Russell Brand were brilliant... really funny.

But the biggest star of the movie: Jason Segel's penis. I will call Jason Segel's penis "Slappy". "Slappy" made several unannounced appearances in the movie. "Slappy" did not look happy. The audience reacted to "Slappy" in the same way the audience reacted when the creepy black-eyed girl appeared from under the covers in the Grudge: they were HORRIFIED. People were giving themselves whip-lash, looking away from the screen as fast as they could. I think a new trend on YouTube will be "Slappy" reaction videos.

I did not want to see Jason Segel's penis. I don't want to see anyone's penis. There are some things you can not un-see. Jason Segel's penis is one of the things you can not "un-see".

Today, I am starting therapy. I am sending my bill c\o "Slappy @ Universal Pictures".

For my next movie at SXSW Film Festival, I completely changed speeds. I saw a movie called "Battle in Seattle". It was a narrative about the riots during the WTO meetings in Seattle in 1999. It had Woody Harrelson & Carlize Theron. It was very heavy & moving... a complete change of pace from the Judd Apatow movie I had just seen.

Summary: Battle in Seattle was good. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was unforgettable. Jason Segel's penis is named "Slappy".

No comments: